Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park
About Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park
Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park covers an area of 108 square miles and contains two country parks with visitor centres at Castle Semple Loch and Muirshiel and an additional visitor centre, the Cut Centre, at Cornalees Bridge, Loch Thom, to explain the Greenock Cut.
An outdoor activity centre and bike hire facilities are based at Castle Semple and community woodlands are to be found at Locherwoods and Outerwards.
Clyde Muirshiel offers year round instructor led activities include sailing, kayaking, canoeing and raft building on the shallow inland Castle Semple Loch as well as land based activities such as archery, mountain biking, hill walking, orienteering, navigation and first aid.
Castle Semple Visitor Centre
Greenock Cut Visitor Centre
Muirshiel Visitor Centre & Country Park
Events and activities for all the family
Lochwinnoch Community Walks take place every Monday (but not on Public Holidays)
– meet 10:30 at The Cross, Lochwinnoch.
Allow 1.5 hours, contact the Rangers for more information and details of winter and summer breaks.
Outdoor Activity Courses such as kayaking, sailing, archery, map and compass skills run all season primarily at Castle Semple. Some courses are listed, please look on the web www.clydemuirshiel.co.uk for the latest course dates or contact the Centre to make your own group booking.
Walks & Talks: Our Countryside Rangers are available to give talks to groups, advice on walks, wildlife or any countryside issue. Contact them to discuss your requirements.
Castle Semple is now an RYA Sailability Centre of Excellence fully equipped to help budding sailors with disabilities, contact us to discuss your needs.
Bike Hire. Mountain, Electric, Comfort and Children’s bikes plus tag-a-long, tandems and trailers are available for hire most weekends and school holiday at Castle Semple. Contact Martin of RT Cycles on 07867 790 889 to arrange hire out with these times.
• All events, walks and activities must be booked in advance unless otherwise stated.
• For walks and land based activities you should always have warm clothing, waterproofs, walking boots or sturdy shoes.
• For all water based activities bring a complete change of warm clothes including shoes and shower equipment.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult for all events and family fun sessions.
• Numbers can be limited and age restrictions apply for others - to avoid disappointment, always contact the Centre in advance to check.
Upcoming Events at Clyde Muirshiel Regional Park
More Days Out in Renfrewshire